I'm working on a regular post (ie. with paragraphs), at the moment, about returning home from my trip to SE Asia. But in the meantime, I want to put my toes back in the water of this blogging thing that I used to do. Here's a variation of a list post. It's way less angsty than the last time I did one of these. *wink*
- Yahoo Mail - naturally
- Facebook - Good gravy, I love hating Facebook.
- Flickr - In and out of my account on this site while editing SE Asia (!) photos for the last couple of days.
- Wikipedia - Neanderthal entry - I randomly looked this up because I heard an American on the radio say "neandertal," and thought exasperatedly to myself, "REALLY? We have to pronounce it with a British "th" now??" It's spelled with either a "th" or just a "t," sez Wikipedia. Then the next American on the radio pronounced the word with the "th" as the English digraph (not the plain "t" sound). So I guess we're in HARassment/harASSment territory.
- Feedly - news and blogs
- The Toast - Women In Eagles Songs, In Order Of Trustworthiness
- SoundCloud - Stars, "No One Is Lost" - There's a brand new Stars album! Yippee! This song is dance-y and upbeat and yet still characteristically fatalist and existential. ...Stars!
- Zappos - ...maybe looking up some Frye boots...just for fun...
- YouTube - 18+, "All The Time"
- Slate - Dear Prudence again! In which Prudie finds a diplomatic way to say "You need to stop being a heartless piece of crap." The letter is so stereotypically "mean, rich person," I wondered whether it was actually real.
- Blogger - Um, this blog post.
- Brain Pickings - Ursula K. Le Guin on Being a Man
That’s who I am. I am the generic he, as in, “If anybody needs an abortion he will have to go to another state,” or “A writer knows which side his bread is buttered on.” That’s me, the writer, him. I am a man. Not maybe a first-rate man. I’m perfectly willing to admit that I may be in fact a kind of second-rate or imitation man, a Pretend-a-Him. As a him, I am to a genuine male him as a microwaved fish stick is to a whole grilled Chinook salmon.